Normal post is back!
The South African Post Office is now accepting normal post for all international destinations.
I have posted orders to the UK, USA and Germany. The burning question now is “how long will they take to arrive?”
This is a tough one and my guess is, quite a long time.
I am tracking the orders and will post feedback here on what seems to happen and how long it takes
The stages that are in theory visible to tracking are:
– date I drop off at post office
– date it arrives at international outbound sorting hub
– date it is scanned into a bag
– date it enters international postal system
– date it enters inbound local sorting hub
– date it leaves inbound local sorting hub